Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Recipe Sharing: Easy BBQ Pork

A co-worker shared this super easy way to make BBQ pork in the Crockpot, and we've done it many times. It makes enough for at least two dinners and a couple of lunches too. Simple and easy - enjoy!

Crockpot BBQ Pork

Yield: 6-8 servings

Ingredients
One 3 lb. pork roast (could use pork butt too)
Olive oil
Salt and Pepper
BBQ seasoning
One bottle BBQ sauce (I recommend Sweet Baby Ray's)

Directions
1. Rub pork with olive oil, salt and pepper, and BBQ seasoning (optional). Allow to marinate overnight in the refrigerator. (I don't always allow it to marinate and it turns out a-okay.)
2. Spray Crockpot with PAM. Place pork in Crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Don't overcook!
3. Shred pork with forks or tongs. Add in bottle of BBQ sauce and warm, about 30 more minutes.
4. Serve pulled pork on toasted buns. I add cole slaw!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Just because I'm surrounded by little boys I have to make this comment:
Pork BUTT! Heee heee heee

Kathryn said...

Hmmmm... my big boy (husband) makes that same joke! They never grow out of it, do they?? :)