Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday Top 10

Taking a few minutes to jot these down while I'm thinking about it! Here are the top 10 things I am thankful for this week:

1. Rob, for working hard to fix a clogged condensation holder on our air conditioner last night. We discovered a puddle in our laundry room, he investigated, hopped over to Lowe's and got a wet/dry vac, and fixed it. Or at least we hope!
2. My Dad, for providing guidance to Rob on what to do and how to do it. Dad always gets extra phone calls when we are in need of home repair assistance.
3. A lazy, warm weekend at the lake. Perfect to recharge my batteries for this busy week at work.
4. Reconnecting with an old friend on Facebook today and catching up on her life. What different roads we've taken, but I'm glad to be in touch.
5. Planning trips to Las Vegas (for work, unfortunately, but Rob's coming out for the weekend), and a trip to Harding for Homecoming. This will be Rob's first visit to Searcy! Everyone has to experience it once, right?? :)
6. Lunch today with two former co-workers. We've all stayed in touch, and they've followed each other (coincidently) from job to job. Now, they are in the office building next to mine! We try to get together often.
7. The launch of a HUGE initiative at work today. I've been planning now for almost a year, and we are finally launching. I'm afraid the real work now begins!
8. An incoming cold front to cool down the days. At least it will be more bearable for walks outside, until the treadmill is fixed.
9. A good talk with my Mom last night, after Dad gave Rob advice and while he was investigating. We could talk all day.
10. Turkey Hill Light Style Vanilla Bean ice cream!

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Very cool that Rob will get the Harding experience this fall. How long has it been since you were there? I think it's been about five years for me and I am sure the changes are drastic!

Kathryn said...

Andrea - I was last there in 2003, so five years for me too. It'll be fun to show him where I lived, visit some of the old haunts, etc. I can't imagine how different it is now, and I'm really looking forward to seeing everything new!