Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend in Review

We had a great weekend up at Deep Creek this past weekend, and it was tough to go back to work today. We headed up Friday, ate dinner with my parents and a bunch of their friends (thanks for letting us crash your party!), then spent the rest of the weekend swimming, relaxing and talking long walks. It was so enjoyable that we stayed late and didn't get home until about 9:30 p.m. yesterday.

Saturday night, we got pizza at Ledo's and then saw The Dark Knight. It was creepy, for sure. I'm not a big Batman fan so I didn't really know if there was a back story I was missing out on, but I enjoyed it. Heath Ledger did a maniacal, bizarre Joker. Much different than the Jack Nicholson Joker from a few years ago.

The bad news on the home front is that my treadmill has a stuck key and I need to have the keypad replaced, which means it's out of commission for a week or so until the part arrives. That means I'm huffin' it outside in 99 degree heat and terrible humidity. Ugh. It was so bad I treated myself to a scoop of vanilla ice cream when I got home. :)

Back to my hotel search for a possible long weekend at the beach...

1 comments:

Danna Ramsey said...

Oh, Kathryn! Why did you have to post that shark picture?!?!?!?!