Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Two Weeks Down

My surgery was two weeks ago yesterday, so that means I'm either one-third or one-fourth of the way through my time in the cast. Whoo hoo! Depending on whether I have to lug this thing around for six or eight weeks, at least I'm making progress.

I'm working from home today, and I'll be in the office again tomorrow. I was there Tuesday and Wednesday too. It was so nice to be around people! It's a little exhausting and difficult to prop my leg up, but it's doable.

My parents are coming down for the day on Saturday, so I'm really looking forward to that. My mom is taking me to get my hair cut, and we'll go out for an early dinner before the crowds build up. They'll head home in the early evening. I'm glad they are visiting!

The bad news is that we aren't going to my good friend's wedding reception in Western Maryland on Saturday (they had a private ceremony in February and are celebrating now with a bash). It's just too hard for me to get around, and I don't want to run the risk of someone bumping me or a kid slamming in to me in the reception hall. Plus, there's no chance I'm getting in and out of my parents' house -- steps are not my friends. I'm disappointed not to be going up for it, but my girlfriend understands. We'll see them next time we are in the 'burg.

Off to prop up my swelling foot.....

2 comments:

Andrea said...

You are my new little engine that could! You can do it. Have fun with your momma on Saturday.

Robin said...

Congrats on the progress you're making. Slowly but surely, right? Have so much fun with your parents and let us see the new 'do!

RAK