Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Summer in April

It was 90 degrees here in D.C. this weekend! Nuts. I think the average temps are supposed to be somewhere around 65-ish, so this heatwave is a surprise to everyone. I think it's going to stay this way until Wednesday, when it cools back down.

Here's what I've learned: I am so, so glad I'm not wearing this cast in July. It's only been hot two days, and my foot is SO HOT in my cast. Hopefully it'll stay a little cooler until I get this thing off at the end of May.

Nothing too exciting this weekend... Rob went out for a hike and to do some caching on Saturday. He deserved a break! I've been reading my book and watching a lot of Food Network. :)

We did venture to Trader Joe's after church today, and I got around pretty well. I'm actually working on putting more weight on my foot, but it hurts and I'm a total chicken. I'm trying, though.

0 comments: