Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Out and About

Hope everyone had a happy Easter! It's been a pretty good weekend for us. We missed getting to head west to see our families, but that was okay.

I worked from home again Friday, so I was pretty stir crazy by the time Saturday morning rolled around. It was raining, but we decked out and headed to Trader Joe's. We took my knee scooter so I could get around the store. It wasn't too crowded when we got there, but it seemed to get more and more busy.

Only a couple of people looked at me like I was a freak or made me feel like I was in the way, but everyone else we encountered seemed pretty nice. One little kid said really loud, "Did that lady break her leg?" He was a mess.

I tell you what -- I have a whole new perspective on things, and a whole new appreciation for handicapped people.

Today, we headed to church. We'd planned to maybe go the sunrise service that our church was hosting in a local park, but we didn't know how far from the car we'd have to go, so we decided to just go to the first service at the building. After the sermon, about 20 people or so shared a "cardboard testimonial", which I found really powerful. I'd never seen that before, but apparently they are all over the Internet.

We came home for a bit (have I mentioned that getting in and out of my house is the most difficult thing I have to do?), changed clothes, packed a lunch and headed out for Rob to do some geocaching. I took along the book I'm reading, so I'd read a few pages when Rob would hop out of the car to find a cache. It was such a nice day that I enjoyed being out, and we celebrated Easter lunch with a picnic of pb&j and granny smith apples.

So Rob did four loads of laundry today (whoa!), made us a terrific dinner of carne asada, roasted potatoes and mushrooms, and now he's running the vacuum. Do I have a keeper or what?? :)

Working from home tomorrow (and the cleaning company is coming to give me an estimate - yeah!), then in the office Tuesday.

Trader Joe's berry pie time! Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

You sound soooo much better. Amazing what a little fresh air will do. How much longer will you be in a cast?

Robin said...

Can't wait to hear the cleaning company's estimate. I've never had a housekeeper/cleaner, but I'm thinking I might look into having someone come once a week for a month or so once #3 arrives. Jeremy is totally for it. :)

RAK