Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Friday, April 03, 2009

Doing Okay

I am doing okay, all things considered. I've had a few meltdown moments where I just feel sorry for myself and want nothing more than to rip this splint off my leg, but I'm assuming that's normal. As my mom said this morning, my entire life has been halted. And I'll be back on my feet soon, but in the meantime, I'll learn to adjust.

Rob takes me this afternoon to get the cast. We are unsure of what I'm getting - the doctor said something about a boot cast, but we don't know the details. I do know that after my appointment, we are going to rent a knee-walker to help me get around better. Rob's dad has offered to bring down a wheelchair that he has for some reason, so Rob can at least push me outside and around the lake for a walk.

My mom has been here taking good care of everything, like doing laundry, making meals, etc. She's gong to help me wash my hair in a little bit, and she's hemmed three pairs of pants to cast height so I'll have something to wear.

I'm most looking forward to getting up the stairs, hopefully tonight, and sleeping in my own bed. As much as I love our couch, I'd like to stretch out on our comfy bed and just sleep for the next 8 weeks.

1 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh poor Kathryn! I just read all the posts and I'm so sorry. But also thankful that you didn't hit your head or something worse. I'm sure that once you get a bit more mobility you'll start feeling a bit more sane. Just getting outside a bit every day will help tremendously. You are in my prayers!