Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Three Weeks Down

It's been three weeks since the big fall and my surgery, and I have to admit that I'm feeling better. I definitely think that the first two weeks were the hardest and most painful, but now it's not as sore and I feel a little more steady.

It swells the most the days I go to work. I try to keep it propped up under my desk, but it's a little awkward and I don't want to look like a total schlump. :)

I've been trying to do some standing, since I can put 50 percent of my weight on my ankle. Figuring that out is a blast -- I'm supposed to put my cast on the scale and push down until the number reached half of my weight, and then I'll know the amount of pressure that equals 50 percent.

Except that means my husband might find out how much I weigh, and I have a goal to avoid that happening. :)

All kidding aside, at least I can put down my foot now to steady myself. At church on Sundays, I practice standing as we sing, and I also stand to brush my teeth. I can feel that my ankle is stiff, so I've been trying to move it around some when I have the cast off.

Hopefully, the physical therapy I'll do when the cast is gone will ease that.

So, three weeks almost down (as of Friday), and either three or five more weeks to go. I hope it goes twice as fast!

1 comments:

Shellie Salza said...

I hope it goes twice as fast too! Glad you're making progress!