Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Back from NYC

I spent Tuesday-Friday last week in New York City for a conference my company hosted. I always love the city, and although being there for work meant less free time, I still managed to squeeze in some fun!

Tuesday evening, a co-worker and I walked to check out the site of a dinner that night (we weren't going but wanted to make sure the set-up was okay) at The Modern, a very swanky restaurant in the MoMA. What an awesome place. We had a drink at the bar (a yummy ginger ale for me!), and were treated by the bar tender. We saw the actor Eric Stoltz there.

I didn't have anything on Wednesday until a meeting at noon, so I spent a big chunk of the morning walking through Central Park, about six blocks from our hotel. It was cool out, but good for walking.

Wednesday night, the same co-worker and I were walking back to the hotel after an excellent meal at Del Frisco's (get the lemon cake if you go), and we ran across a crowd behind the Roseland Ballroom. Turns out that Madonna's concert had ended about an hour before and she was on her way out. We stuck around, talked to a few paparazzi and saw Madonna! She came out of the club and got into an SUV. We also saw Justin Timberlake's mom (which we didn't realize until someone else in the crowd told us who she was).

Thursday night, I went to see "A Chorus Line" with another co-worker and a friend. Mario Lopez (aka A.C. Slater from Saved by the Bell) was in the lead. He was very good!

I took a train back to DC on Friday afternoon and have spent this weekend doing laundry and trying to get over my sore throat. I hope that we get back up to NYC this summer!

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are quite the traveler, aren't you? Glad you had fun!