Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Thursday, May 07, 2009

To My Husband

Today is Rob's 34th birthday! Last year, I listed 33 reasons why I love him, and all of those (and more!) remain for this year.

However, given the mess of our last six weeks, there's one thing about Rob that really stands out in my mind. He cares for me.

I can't say enough about all of the good and thoughtful things Rob's done for me since our fateful bike ride on March 31. He's been my feet and hands; my nurse; my chef for all meals; my chauffeur; my housekeeper; and my errand-runner.

He's been my number one cheerleader.

Rob has helped me do things that are totally unromantic, like changing my bandages and helping me put on my socks -- things he probably imagined he wouldn't have to do until we are old and gray.

These aren't the things that I thought we'd be doing as we approach our third year of marriage... but then I realized that these are the things that make a marriage. We are partners, good or bad.

Happy birthday, Rob!

2 comments:

Leann said...

Congratulations...you get the award for making me cry at work this morning.

Rob said...

You know I'll be there for you. This has really made me appreciate all the stuff you do for me on a daily basis!