Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Friday, May 01, 2009

Walking Day

Today is walking day for me. This is the day that my surgeon said I can begin walking on my cast.

The only problem, you see, is that I'm a total chicken.

I don't know if I've psyched myself out or if I'm just crazy, but I'm petrified.

I have dreams where I'm walking all over the place, but when it comes time for me to do it in real life, I freeze.

I know it's going to hurt. I've accepted that. But I know that it's not going to get any better by not testing it out and stretching what I can do.

I'm taking baby steps. In the last two days, I've gone up the steps in our house on my feet. Granted, I pushed down A LOT on my crutch and the banister, but I did it. And this morning I took two steps (right next to my big, comfy, padded armchair, in case I wiped out).

So, wish me luck. Cluck, cluck.

2 comments:

Shellie Salza said...

You can DO IT!!

Andrea said...

I feel for you, friend. AND I'm praying God will give you courage.