Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

An Interview

Finally, Elizabeth Edwards is sitting down and offering some insight into the life and struggles she's faced in the last two years. Her recurrence of a now incurable cancer, days on the campaign trail and the news that her husband of 28 years was unfaithful... and worse yet, lied about it for months... are bound to be touching.

I've readily admired Elizabeth Edwards since she came into a greater public role during the 2004 election. She's seemed to have grace under pressure, and I've been touched by her work on behalf of her family.

Her interview tomorrow is with Oprah, and what's already been released shows that she talks deeply about her challenges and heartache. She also has a new book coming out next week, which I look forward to reading.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Just wanted you to know that I rely on you to keep me up to date on things other than runny noses, spelling quizzes, and alphabet songs. Seriously, I love that you have so many posts on the "real" world.

Robin said...

I'm with Andrea...I look forward to hearing your insight after the EE interview...which I'm sure I won't otherwise know anything about. Thanks for keeping the news part of your blog. That is WAY more than I can say for mine. Unless you count potty-training progress and birthday parties as news. :)

Blessings as you walk your way toward total recovery!!

Robin