Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Workout Wagon

March 31 was the last day I got up at my usual 5:30 a.m. to spend 30 minutes on the treadmill. That evening, a little something happened to change my routine.

So 85 days later I'm hopping back on the workout wagon. Yes, we've been strolling in the evenings and we did a few walks and a mini-hike during our last weekend at the lake, but nothing really exerting.

Tomorrow starts my 5:30 a.m. wake-up call again, and I'll do a 30-minute treadmill pre-set routine on a medium speed -- no jogging quite yet. :)

I feel like in the last few weeks, I've become flabby. I know I haven't gained much weight (I weigh weekly and am still going up and down the same 5 lbs. I've been shifting around since January), but I definitely feel untoned and just blah.

Plus, I think the daily exercise will help me build up some tolerance for walking and help snap my ankle back into shape. I plan to wear an ankle brace and good tennis shoes, so that should help.

Wish me luck tomorrow. I'll keep you posted on how it all goes, and hopefully I'll continue it every morning from here on out.... or at least until Saturday. :)

0 comments: