Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday again....

I've got to get in a better habit of updating this blog! I think the summer-time makes it too easy for me to come up with an idea of doing something else, but I promise I'll try. :)

We had a fun weekend -- so fun, in fact, that I didn't shake my sinus headache/sore throat. Ugh. But, I suppose the fun outweighs the discomfort of my aching head.

Saturday, we celebrated with a dinner in honor of my parents fortieth anniversary (I know you are reading this, Mom!). We went to the B&B where Rob and I had celebrated our first anniversary, but we just did dinner and didn't stay the night this time. The chef/owner was a chef in France, and the food is sooooo good. The dinner is five courses -- here's what I had: risotto with spring vegetables; seared Hawaiian tombo (fish); sorbet; Waguy ribeye; and a dark cherry tart.

And I'm pretty sure this is what Rob had: mussels; seared scallops with caviar; sorbet; Bluenose (butter fish); and a peach/chocolate tart with lavender honey ice cream.

Needless to say, we were stuffed when we left. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for celebrating with us! We had a great time.

Sunday was the market, church and laundry laundry laundry.

Hope you had a great weekend!

1 comments:

Andrea said...

Seriously. You are creating a void in my life by not blogging more often. But I love your dress!