Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hello? Is Anyone Out There?

It's been a few days since I've updated.... we headed out of town last Friday for a long weekend at the lake, so I'm just catching up now. We had a great time just hanging out and relaxing with Rob's family. A few of the highlights: the Saturday farmers' market where we bought fresh greens and banana blueberry bread.... grilling pizzas for dinner.... watching Benjamin Button (loved it!).... lots of walks in search of wifi.... fun boat ride Sunday and boating to breakfast Monday.... hike at Swallow Falls.... sleeping in everyday. :)

Tomorrow I'm playing Capitol Barbie and heading to a briefing my association is hosting on Capitol Hill. Wish me luck as I head downtown in the nutty traffic in the morning. I'm too used to my short eight-mile commute!

I don't think I've mentioned this, but we had our living room ceiling replaced/patched/painted last week, and they also fixed our toilet in the master bath. With luck, our water issues have ended. And we have a freshly painted ceiling to enjoy. I don't think I've ever looked at a ceiling so much!

1 comments:

Andrea said...

Oooooooh. Sounds wonderful. What a lovely way to relax.

Good luck on the Capital Barbie expedition. You are so very urbane and chic.