Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Random Thoughts

We enjoyed some really warm weather last weekend! Temps in the 70s and fresh air made it so nice to be outside. We spent a bunch of time geocaching on Saturday, and then enjoyed great pizza and pie in Leesburg. A really fun day!

****************

Paula is ridiculous in AI. Does anyone else still watch this? She always has on the dopiest outfits and says the goofiest things. Honestly, predicting a finalist three singers into the season? Come on. Randy is still my favorite judge because his feedback is always constructive. Kara is getting there too. Simon is just Simon.

****************

For those readers thinking of and praying for my friend Shellie, her husband Mike and her boys Adison and Leonidas, read her touching blog post today about the boys' first meeting. So, so sweet.

****************

For sale: one mostly-cute cat. She's taken to nipping on our new wood blinds, and I'm not going to have it. Any ideas? She's not easily deterred. We've tried water bottles and shaking cans of quarters and rattling plastic bags. When she does bother to stop her badness and look up, she gives us a look like, "you've got to be kidding me" and goes right back to her destruction. Help!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

CAT DESTRUCTION! I am familiar with it and have absolutely no advice. I have found, quite by accident, that my cats LOVE to scratch on wicker baskets. I'm actually fine with this because they are fairly inexpensive to replace. I have two baskets in my living room and they both show much cat-wear, but I'd rather it be on baskets than on sofas or on new blinds! Good luck.

Robin said...

You might try a water gun on your cat. We had to do something similar to a horse we had growing up...he "cribbed" on the fence around our house. But he sure hated water in his face. :)

I read Shellie's blog from time to time and appreciated your reminder to celebrate this milestone. What a journey they have been on! did you know Amy and Peyton from Fairfax? Peyton's sister recently had a baby with major health problems. See my blog for a link; I know they would appreciate your prayers.

Love,
Robin