Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Start

Like many of my fellow Americans, I've been delighted with today's inauguration and movement toward tomorrow. No, I don't believe "change" will come overnight, and to be honest, I'd certainly hate to be in Obama's shoes (for more reasons than just one), as expectations are amazingly high and nearly impossible.

Nonetheless, I believe today is a new start on many levels. It's a new energy and excitements in our political system. It's a new pride in a leader with eloquence and passion. It's a new opportunity for our country to re-establish our position in the global economy.

Although I don't agree with all of his politics, I have to believe that George Bush did what he thought was best for our nation. It's a tough job.

Today, I'll celebrate the Obama family. Tonight, I'll pray for them.

0 comments: