Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Monday, June 23, 2008

I (Heart) NYC


We are back from spending a long weekend in Manhattan with Rob's parents and had a great time! We left early Friday morning and took the new Bolt Bus, which was awesome. Terrific seats, easy ride and way cheaper than the train (and much, much easier than driving and paying to park!).

We spent the afternoon walking around Times Square, Rockefeller Center, etc. Friday night, Rob's parents went to see 39 Steps, and Rob and I went to see Young Frankenstein. The show was absolutely fantastic! It stars Roger Bart (he played the creepy pharmacist on Desperate Housewives) and Megan Mullally (from Will & Grace). I recommend it!

Saturday, we headed down to Battery Park and spent a very, very long time waiting in line to get to Ellis Island, which is always interesting. Then we walked up into Chinatown and Rob's mom and I did some purse shopping. I got great knock off D&G and Gucci bags. Rob's mom got a Coach. I love good bags! That evening, we headed down to Little Italy's Mulberry Street and had dinner at a delicious Italian eatery.

Sunday morning, we picked up some bagels, coffee and fruit at Cafe Europa and walked into Central Park for breakfast and about a two-hour exploration. After checking out of the hotel, we spent about two hours at the MoMA - what a terrific collection! I think Rob and I could have spent half the day there!



Thanks to Rob's parents for a terrific trip!

0 comments: