Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Let's Keep Dishin'

Rob and I went to Let's Dish last night to do a meal preparation. It was kind of last minute - we found a good coupon online that was expiring, so we signed up quick and went over to make up a bunch of meals.

I've blogged before about how we split all of our meals, either in to twos or threes. That really stretches our dollar, and we end up with more meals. Here's what we got this time:

  • Chicken in cranberry chutney, with egg noodles = 3 meals
  • Sage chicken with golden rice = 3 meals
  • Skewerless chicken satay, with cous cous = 3 meals
  • Thai-style shrimp and noodles = 3 meals
  • Country French flank steak = 2 meals
  • Pork tenderloin with chili apricot glaze = 2 meals
  • Roasted apple pork chops = 3 meals
  • Three-cheese spinach lasagna roll-ups = 2 meals
So, for $170, we came home with 21 meals, plus leftovers for lunches. That works out to $8.09 per each dinner for two.

I imagine that it's things like Let's Dish that get trimmed out of people's household budgets when times get tight, so I think they'll keep on offering good coupons to get people in the door.

2 comments:

Shellie Salza said...

I LOVE freezing meals for later! I try to double anything that will freeze well when I'm making dinner.

Thanks for the good snack tips!

Andrea said...

The Just Dish thing sounds so awesome. If only our kids would eat more than the standard tacos, burgers, chicken, pasta...

Mike and I were salivating over your meals!