Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Obama

Earlier this week, I was in D.C. for a conference hosted by my company. Since we work long hours and need to be there early, we stay at the hotel too. This year, the conference was at the lovely Mayflower Hotel on Connecticut Avenue.

Late Monday night, my cell phone rang. News from my co-worker: Barak Obama is in the hotel. He had been campaigning in Maryland, Virginia and D.C. (which he won all handily) and was bunking at the Mayflower. As he was coming into the hotel, the Secret Service had moved some people out of the entrance area, including two of my co-workers.

My plan: stake out the back elevator bank in the morning. I needed to be downstairs to set up for the breakfast at 6:45 a.m., but I headed down around 6:20 a.m. As expected, the SS showed up early and here came Obama. He is much taller than I expected!

On a separate note, we had an event at Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in D.C. Totally creepy.

0 comments: