Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

An Icy Friday?

We are supposed to get a couple of inches of snow tonight, followed by a 1/2 inch of ice. Yuck.

My parents are coming down this weekend, and have decided to come own down tonight instead of waiting until tomorrow afternoon. The guestroom is made and Rob helped me clean up the rest of our house, so we are good to go. I'd rather they be safe!

I stopped at the market on the way home, and I think I was ahead of the rush. I was able to get everything we needed and didn't have to wait in line much at all. I'm making a new recipe tomorrow night (pork carnitas), so we'll see how that goes. Rob is always amazed that I'll try new things out on guests instead of just us. :)

Sunday is my Mom's birthday! I hope her present arrives (it was shipped and should arrive tomorrow... with the ice). Let's hope UPS can slide up the hill to our house.

1 comments:

Leann said...

I think trying out a new recipe on your parents doesn't technically count as trying it out on guests. They're family. Family's supposed to try new things for you.

Also, I think it's great that you're not afraid to try new recipes out on people other than you and Rob. It shows confidence in your cooking abilities and really gives you a much broader test base of opinions.

Keep it up!!