Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Good Day

It's been a good day. I slept in and got some rest, then Rob and I walked over to Panera Bread (about 1.5 miles from our house) and enjoyed a quiet breakfast. I enjoyed the exercise and time with Rob. I spent the rest of the day running a few easy errands and watching some of the shows I'd DVRed this week.

Tonight, we decided to head to Reston Town Center and check out the new restaurant by the folks who brought us Sweetwater Tavern and Coastal Flats. The menu has some of the same goodies as their other restaurants, but some new choices too. I had the steak frites (grilled flank steak and delish fries, plus a salad), and Rob had the mahi mahi with three pepper polenta. Both were great and the place was hoppin'.

After dinner, we walked around RTC, checked out Williams Sonoma (my fave) and split a strawberry/chocolate swirl at Pinkberry. Mmmmmmmm.

Tonight's dinner and time spent with Rob definitely helped me move toward unwinding and stressing less. Tomorrow, let's hope for more of the same!

(P.S. - Bonus good news today? 30% off everything at Banana Republic for their anniversary sale. Go!)

0 comments: