Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What's Been Going On....

It's been a few days since I've blogged. Not because I'm too busy or anything, but just because I haven't felt like it. As I've referenced before, I write for a living, and sometimes I just don't feel like writing off the clock. But today I do!

Last night I was treated to a night on my own, thanks to my father-in-law and sweet hubby going to the University of MD basketball game. I headed to the mall after work with the intention of returning a pair of pants to Macy's. I bought them on sale a few weeks ago (a good sale - they are Liz Claiborne and were 40% off, which never happens), but they were too long and I just couldn't see paying another $12 to have them hemmed (I don't have a machine).

I was browsing around before I made the return and saw the same pants - now 65% off. What?!? I found my size and decided to swap them at the register and save another $20, which would justify having them hemmed.

Anywho, in the meantime I decided to try on a few things. I had decided to purchase a purple cashmere tee (also 65% off!) while I was browsing some more, and finally headed to the register. That's when I realized that I didn't have my purse. I panicked! I ran back to the dressing room, and there it sat on the bench. Wallet there. Keys there. Cell phone there. I nearly passed out.

After my near-disaster with losing my purse (I had one stolen three years ago and it's no fun!), I headed to Eddie Bauer. There I found a cute scarf and a cardigan - both for $30. Awesome! Next was Talbots big sale (who isn't having a sale?), where I got a terrific black crepe suit and a shirt, all 70% off. That $400 suit was mine for a little over $100 - excellent deal! The suit jacket is actually coming from another store (the one they had was a hair too small), but I'm pumped! I can always use a suit, and Talbots is such nice quality.

It was almost 7 p.m. by this time, so I decided I'd spent enough (Rob agreed!) and moved to head home. Grabbed a salad from Corner Bakery (not cooking for one!) and made it home in time to watch Access Hollywood.

I enjoyed my shopping and my quiet evening at home, but it did make me realize how quiet it is without Rob around and how much I appreciate his companionship. I was glad to hear his key in the door!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOHHH... I am so jealous. I miss Macy's! That is my absolute favorite place to shop. The closest one to us is over an hour away. :) I may attempt it again soon. I wish you lived closer so we could shop together. Too fun!