Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Pork Roast Recipe

Tonight, Rob and I are having one of my most favorite (and easiest!) pork recipes. I actually got this from a former co-worker, and I've shared it with many. So easy!

Ingredients:
2.5-3 lb. pork roast
olive oil
salt and pepper (or any other seasonings you like)
bbq sauce

Rub the roast with olive oil, salt and pepper (I usually do it the night before for good marinating). Pop it in the crockpot in the morning, and cook on low for 8 hours or so. After it's cooked, add one bottle of bbq sauce (we like Sweet Baby Ray's) and heat for another 30 minutes or so. Serve on buns with coleslaw, sauteed onions or other toppings of your choice.

(This size roast serves us for two dinners, and maybe a couple of lunches. You can use a smaller roast, but beware that it will cook faster!)

Enjoy!

0 comments: