Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Scored a mildly good deal this morning

Toys R Us is running a 12 days of Christmas secret sale promotion right now where they e-mail you coupons every day good only for that day. I heard through the grapevine that Final Fantasy III (Nintendo DS) and Final Fantasy XII (Playstation 2) would be on sale today for half price via this sale. So they'd be $20 and $25 respectively.

This morning I checked my e-mail and did receive the coupons so to give myself the best chance of landing this pretty nice price, I hit TRU on my way to work. (They are opening at 8AM for the Christmas shopping season.) I always get a nice little rush when I'm on the hunt for a bargain, which is really a lot of the fun after all! At the light for the shopping center there were 5 or 6 cars in front of me so I imagined they were all going to pull into spots in front of TRU alongside me and we'd all be in a mad dash for the electronics section. But as it turned out there was just one other lady calmly walking towards the door with me and she wasn't even headed to the video games. They had several copies of each game behind the counter and I scored one of each.

0 comments: