Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Recipe Sharing: Fool-Proof Popovers

I'm a big fan of Melissa d'Arabian on the Food Network. She won the last season of The Next Food Network Star and has a show on now called Ten Dollar Dinners. Her recipes are fantastic, and she definitely shares some good tips.

On a recent show, she made popovers. LOVE popovers! I think the best I've had were at Jordan Pond House on a trip to Maine with my parents.

Anywho, I made her recipe tonight with our dinner. They were simple and turned out great. Enjoy!


Fool-Proof Popovers

Yield: 8

Ingredients
3 tablespoons melted butter, divided
2 eggs
1 cup milk, warmed for 30 seconds in the microwave (should be lukewarm to warm)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt

Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Using a pastry brush, coat 8 muffin cups with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter and put the tin in the oven for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the eggs in a blender until light yellow. Add the warmed milk and blend. Add the flour, salt and remaining melted butter, and blend until smooth. Pour the batter into the warmed muffin tin and return it to the oven to bake until golden, about 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve warm.

2 comments:

Leann said...

I may have to try those tonight!

Dallas said...

Made these tonight with some chicken noodle soup....yummy! I have already printed the recipe on a card and stuck it in my recipe box. Thanks for sharing!