Funny stories... tales from the road... life with us.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Cake Classes

A few weeks ago, my friend Leann and I embarked on the first Wilton cake decorating classes, and boy did we have fun! My goal was just to learn the skills and techniques to make pretty birthday cakes, learn how to do a design with icing and, of course, perfect that delicious buttercream frosting. :)

Here are a few photos of my cake creations...


Cake #1: learning stars and zig-zags, plus learning how to write with the icing.

Cake #2: learning shell borders, figure-piping (aka creepy clowns), practicing roses and other flowers. A mish-mash!

Cake #3: roses and sweetpea flowers. The roses are a lot trickier than they look, but I'm getting the hang of it!

Next up, we are teaching ourselves how to do the basketweave design. Now I need an excuse to practice my skills!

2 comments:

Leann said...

Oh my word...you have no idea how easy this is going to be:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6DryH9o_GE

Traci said...

Those cakes are awesome! Everyone will be calling you for birthdays and such now.